Here Comes Bride, There Goes KidneyPosted: August 13, 2012
Really and Not Really!
My youngest, McPaddie, is getting married! Her fiancé is an awesome man; we are all beyond excited. That means we are having a wedding! YIKES.
Fortunately, the big event is a year away. Haven’t broached subject of budget with her dad. While he is totally on board, he has no clue what weddings cost. I’m thinking he’s thinking $7. Am totally Scarlett O’Hara about having that conversation with him. Must contact EMS unit to have on hand when I grow a pair and spit it out. “Tomorrow is another day”.
Meanwhile, this mission requires MAJOR CREATIVITY. A few of the thoughts that have crossed my mind at 3:00 am every morning:
- Sell a kidney (no, think that’s against the law)
- Numerous bikini car washes (force future bridesmaids into slave labor)
- Bake sales (one cookie = $1000)
- Stand on busy street corner with sign (nope; too hot and I work every day)
- Call BRAVO and ask Andy Cohen to make a reality series for us (so not happening)
- Start a new trend: the drive-by wedding (just kidding)
Obviously, I need your help! If you have any ideas - puh-leeze throw them out here. Before throwing, please note: they won’t elope, we will do our best and honor what the bride wants on budget, we know it’s about the ceremony, not the flash.
*We are Southern. That means the weddings in these parts = church ceremony and reception. Reception includes buffet, mucho alcohol, and a great band so you dance your ass off. Just so you know. Oh, and photography. Just blew left side of brain.
You have your assignment. Am off to search for loose change.