I love today. Actually saw the sun! A few “thinks” are crowding my brain:
- Am a crazed baker. Have logged in cheese/bacon bread, white bread, cheese/jalapeno bread, cinnamon bread, and orange bread in the last two days. THIS IS NUTS. Nuts …. need to make nut bread!
- I am no better than anybody else. I know this. The earlier we learn that the ground is level – regarding ourselves and other inhabitants of the world – the better. I’m late but I get it.
- If the Olympian lugers were having such a heinous time with the speed of the track in practice runs, why wasn’t this addressed and corrected before the young Georgian athlete was killed? Horrid.
- Money can’t buy class. Nor can it buy you a soul. Period. It can make you comfortable. It can be used for good, to help the helpless. It can buy frippery to make you look fine on the outside. But a pig is a pig is a pig when your soul is rotten to the core.
- Found my favorite mixing bowls – a set of 6 – on sale at Sur la table; they are also made by the company. So great.
- My dear friend, T, has been in the hospital for almost a week with a very dangerous illness. She lives in another city. She still can’t have visitors. Prayer is powerful, and that’s a good thing because there is nothing else I can do for her right now.
- Men who pay attention to the details are dreamy.
- I read a million books. Have never been in a book club. Odd.
- The coolest women are in my bunco group. I don’t play bunco. I go to see these funny, interesting, wonderful people.
- Am concerned with the proofread button used in posting here; it does not spell check well at all. Blah!
That orange bread is FUNKY. Now have an almond poppyseed pound cake in the oven. I accidently turned on “The Bachelor” (my bad). That creepy Jake is sexing with 3-1/2 women. Wretched. Need to get over that dumb ass show and get a life!