Remember Mr. Martini, played by Danny DeVito in the movie version of “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest”? Today I feel like his much younger, taller, skinnier sister. He uttered about two words. “Tired. I’m tired.” Maybe three … “I’m so tired.” Here’s what I’m tired of and what I’m going to do about it.
- Hopping around my bedroom in the middle of the night because my leg is cramping. Bananas, eat bananas.
- Keeping everything organized in my head instead of physically organizing desk, house, car. Get your clean on, wench!
- Not giving more to those who need it (American Idol Gives Back guilt). Whip out the checkbook. Volunteer work. Actions speak so much louder than words. Act Now!
- Fighting with Cooper for household dominance. Let’s see … 15 pounds vs. 120 …. I WIN!
- Getting phone calls from people who tell me what to do. Didn’t ask. Caller ID was invented for this reason.
- Be kinder. Have been told numerous times, “Mean isn’t a good look on you.” Get that tattooed on left forearm.
- Exercise. Go back to class. Chasing the dog up and down the stairs is not enough. Duh.
Although I’m tired, so tired, I’ve got plenty to do. I’d best get started.