Because that’s the way I feel! Read a blog the other day that declared using “lists” as a cheap blogging trick. Then blogger proceeded to make huge list. Ha Ha! I love lists and as far as “cheap”, well, we are in a recession, aren’t we?
The doggie cupboard was bare yesterday; this predicament forced me to head to The Spoiled Rotten Pet Shop(my handle for it) to buy Cooper’s groceries. (When I plucked him from the rescue shelter, I was told to buy him the very best food I could afford. So I did and do. Cooper enjoys a steady and expensive diet of Potato & Duck Formula, Nourriture Pour Chiens; as a result, I’m still trying to get used to the taste of Kibbles ‘n Bits). But I digress. The shop is not unlike the “Cheers” set where everyone knows your name. So as I’m checking out – trading a bag of gold for a bag of duck barf, I mentioned that Cooper has had an upset stomach lately (do NOT ask). The Guy Who Knows Everything About Pets, Really asked me why? “Because I think he’s been eating snails.” And he says, “Is he French?” His storefront is now The Spoiled Rotten Pet & Snappy Retorts Boutique.
Uh Oh, I feel a list coming on – sorry, am drawn to the cheap and tawdry like a moth to the flame:
- When I was younger, my favorite Popsicle flavor was banana. What happened to the Popsicle Man in his red and white truck?
- Was a real estate agent once. There are crafty marketing devices in every industry. When holding an open house, it helps to bake a pan of cookies just beforehand so the house smells “homey” when house hunters appear. Also, the color orange supposedly translates to “affordable” so if you are selling your house, you want to put something orange near your front door. SOLD!
- What gives with Ghost, Horse, and Dog Whisperers? Why can’t these “professionals” use a library voice with the haints, horses, and hounds? No need to answer as I really don’t care.
- I like audio books for planes, trains, and automobiles. Have John Adams and The Alchemist downloaded for trip to MV. Need a vacation so badly. Back on a reading binder … yesterday’s finds. The bookstore is a dangerous place for me. I cannot leave empty-handed. Sometimes, I am giddy with my finds, other times, not so much. Can’t imagine a world without books.
- One one light goes out, another comes on. My friend buried her mom. Another friend had a sweet baby girl. The cycle of life … it really is what it is.
- I have anxiety attacks. Used to have them all the time. Now I have them every once in a while, not so very often. The best thing for me to do when one comes on is stay calm and DO NOT THINK.
- Was whining a few months ago about the disappearance of Oiseua, the best lip balm. Found Rituelle on one of my rambles last weekend. It is delicious. And soothing. And comforting.
- Found a great retro gift for Miss Peach. Her birthday festival begins tonight. I believe the treat below will come in VERY HANDY.
- Do you ever have those times when you need comfort? It’s not about feeling needy or desperate or clingy or crazy. When you need to be hugged and held and surrounded by love and familiarity and softness? And sometimes, those lovely ingredients in the recipe of my life appear, and when they don’t … there are always ……