Ha! As if. With a deep curtsy and gracious nod to the recent post, Well Slap My Ass and Call Me Charlie by A Fly On The Wall, that header just had to happen. And, no one is going to whip me, beat me, or call me “Edna” without my permission, which will never be granted. So there.
Sweet Fly, in what can only be considered a moment of temporary insanity, has given me an award. Blushing with false modesty.
As with any award, responsibilities follow. Fortunately, no money required. If I understand the rules correctly, I am to reveal seven fun facts about myself and pass the award on to 15 other bloggers. So, facts first:
- The only nude photos of me in existence were taken when I was a baby.
- Won $20K in a contest. One of those where you fill in your name, address, slap a stamp on and mail. And, no, you may not have any of the cash; it disappeared long ago.
- With respect of #2, am constantly asked why I don’t buy lottery tickets. Fran Lebowitz said it best, “I figure you have the same chance of winning the lottery whether you play or not.”
- While I stand at 5’7″, my forearms and tibia are the same length as those of a 6′ woman. I am a spindly spider.
- Drove 90 miles a day to and from high school; am not Abraham Lincoln, it was a necessity. Hate driving as a result.
- With one exception to #5, went on a wildly fun road trip with three amigas the summer before senior year of college. First day out, we discovered “mini” beers. We consumed many “mini” beers. So many, in fact, that when we woke up in a hotel room the next morning, we had to go to the front desk and ask what city and state we were in. The proprietors, Humpty and Dumpty, told us we were in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Do Not Drink and Drive.
- If ever served liver, order a large glass of milk. Smile as you put small bites of nastiness in your mouth. Immediately reach for milk and deposit liver. Smile and repeat. Do not drink milk. Worked for me.
Now, finally, on to real fun and far superior writing for all the right reasons. I would add descriptions to the following bloggers’ blogs, but am unworthy as they use their words in ways I can only aspire to. Drumroll, please. Passing the award to the following, in no particular order:
- Living Dilbert
- Blogmella’s Handbag of Wisdom
- Delicacies …
- Perpetually Peeved
- A Day at the Orifice
- Thoughts Appear
- Confessions Of A Dizzy Blonde
- Improvised Life
- Its Lisa
- Eating Through
- Bitten By Reality
- Chasing Venus
Pass it on, people. Cheers to you all!