Good Grief! It’s Monday, again? Am so ashamed of myself regarding my lack of writing discipline over the past week. But my time spent elsewhere was so …. so …. typically UNUSUAL.
The week started out fairly normal. Cooked my brains out, ran around hither and yon – typical holiday M.O. Then it started to get weird …
– My dear friend lost her sweet mom; there is a legacy of grace in that gene pool.
-First year I didn’t spend the holiday with my girls. They have two parents so they were with their dad. I missed them, but it was a good day. Drama-free ….
– Cooking Partner got really sick with a cold but made a remarkable recovery just before he had to leave for a hunting trip. A miracle, I say!
– He didn’t leave me empty-handed. I got the cold!
– No worries. Except it’s Black Friday. Bah, Humbug! Had two laptops (wastrel) so I’d sold one, returning it to “factory” mode. While combing the internet on old laptop, I saw that Apple was having a sale. Which is about as common as a debt-free American. And I’d sold the laptop so I could get an iPad for work. Downed a bottle of cough syrup, left the house and was back, with iPad in hand, in 45 minutes. The Force was with me. Or so I thought.
– Shimmied right up to old laptop, downloaded latest crud, put iPad on to sync. Laptop FAIL. Forever. Which is fabulous because now I have nothing to sync my iStuff with. Drank another bottle of cough syrup just because. Because I’d sold a laptop that worked and now I was laptopless. (see “screwed”) With a cold.
– Woke up fretting over above. But the Force really was with me. As I was walking Cooper, I REMEMBERED all those points I’d accumulated on a credit card. An hour later, I’d traded points for new laptop. I’ll believe it when I see it.
– Couldn’t attend funeral because of cold, so decided to pull out decorations. Instead, I pulled out my back. Sent emergency email to my back doctor’s wife (don’t ask). Located all my back accoutrement (“corset”, Therma-something heat pads, etc.) and limped around the house. Never heard from anyone in doctor’s family. Must find new doctor. Another bottle of cough syrup down the hatch.
And here we are, it’s Monday all over again. Which is fine. Am in a good mood because everything really does have a way of working out. Or at least it seems that way after 12 gallons of cough syrup.
*Cough syrup part isn’t true; don’t even have any in my house*
**Forgive any/all grammar issues; posting on iPad is ridic*