Man, am I glad it’s Monday. I think. Another rollercoaster week over. Have not written a word or pulled out even one of my 350 inspiration candles in seven days. WARNING: this post will meander, so join me only if you are up for … whatever. If you have suggestions to any questions I pose, bring them on!
I thought it would be a good idea to start with a pretty picture. So there.
- The very best dress I have seen to date was worn by Claire Danes last night at the Golden Globes. Perfection by Calvin Klein.
- Lady Di entertained Cowgirl and me in Dallas for 48 hours. As always, it was the best kind of fun – incessant laughter (all of us) and waterworks (provided by moi). My two blessings – in human form. Also enjoyed a cameo appearance by Lord Di aka Dr. Twistoff. Woo Hoo! He was dashing off for a South Texas adventure … with Nick Mason. Just another brick in the wall…. if you are scratching your head re: NM, google Pink Floyd. Which reminds me of surprising info I heard recently…
- A new friend was recounting a recent phone call he’d had with his friend in Nashville. Apparently the Nashville guy and his wife were hosting her tennis group’s holiday party. And in walks Stevie Winwood. Just another team member’s mate. Awesome. The confused may google the man, Blind Faith, and Traffic. Roll with it …..
- It could just be the people I know, but 95-percent of everyone is up to their eyeballs in major issues … did the moon fall off or what? Can’t stand for anyone to have problems but it is part of life. But this is BEYOND. Between aging/and or ill parents, errant children, empty pockets, too many pockets, emergency appendectomy ( is that ever planned?) – well, we’re all just shoveling shit as fast as we can. And it stinks. I want some life perfume and I promise to share. That being said, I KNOW my very worst day is another’s very best so …
- Am quite comfortable in my cozy home. Just me and the dog. What I find I miss – at times – is companionship. Conversation. Bouncing ideas, thoughts, concerns back and forth. Doing stuff. But my companion compass is wacked – I can’t pick’em for the life of me (i.e. last year’s model was the essence of a bad country-western song … lying, cheating, blah, blah, blah). Didn’t invest much so it wasn’t a loss but a win for me. Still….
- When someone in my position tries to explain this inexplicable feeling which translates as “Damn it to hell, I am SO tired of responsibility and other stuff”, friends do their best to comfort me, providing suggestions and encouraging words. And they are well-meaning suggestions. Actually, there’s a funny aside to this. There are brave people and weenies. I would be a weenie. Brave people seek companionship all sorts of ways – joining groups, online connections, etc. Cowgirl defined my Achilles heel last week. Anytime words like “e-harmony” and “match.com” are mentioned, I burst into tears. Will. Not. Go. There. The. End. Am so delighted for all the people who do. Just not that woman. And I don’t want any lectures; if that’s your deal, fab. End of story.
- A bird just shat on my left breasticle. Does that mean anything other than I have to go change shirts now?
Putting you out of your misery, I’m off to repair my wardrobe malfunction. Really hope you are having a much better life than described above. Really.
**Forgot to tell you the seven candle words I pulled: curiosity, excellence, success, balance, creativity, longevity, and harmony.