Oh My! Lent begins tomorrow and I’ve yet to figure out what to do. Am “supposed” to give up at least one thing in the spirit of sacrifice, but giving up is not an option at this point. There are too many things I could and/or should give up or do …. hmm …
- Do not contemplate existence at night: really am going to try this as trying to figure anything out after dark does not serve me well.
- Use the phone: the biggest complaint about me (to my face) is that I live in a no-phone zone. Meaning I don’t call anyone much. Not because I don’t want to talk, I do. My phone phobia is a result of a past job wherein I was required to answer my home phone, office phone, cell phone and a beeper at all hours. And no, I wasn’t a bail bondsman or bounty hunter. Am getting a bit better … inch by inch … maybe … occasionally … not so much?
- Stop eating chocolate: not. going. to. happen.
- Stop eating fast food: this is a cheat, I don’t eat fast food.
- Stop flipping off idiot drivers: better do this; it’s just a matter of time until my middle finger is blown off by a driver packing heat. Note to self: turn the sass down when on road.
- Stop spending: oh, this could be good. Notice to mortgage company and any other business that requires me to bleed money – I’m giving up the bills for Lent. Love ya, mean it.
- Take dog on long walk: up for consideration … Australia, the Great Wall of China, Ohio …..
- Find balance: really. If you know where this is, please advise.
So much to do, so little time.
Be happy. It’s a choice. A hard choice for me, sometimes, but a choice nonetheless.